Saturday, September 10, 2005

¡Dame el Pollito!

So I put my husband on a plane bound for the Dominican Republic this morning.... the eagle has landed. Now, as much as I adore and cherish my finer half, I must say I am looking forward to a little R&R around the house. I came home and immediately threw 7 pieces of chicken coated with Adobo Goya (con pimienta) to sauteé in extra virgin olive oil for about 5-10 minutes on high heat. I then added sweet onions (cut the whole onion in half then start slicing from the right side so you get something that looks like crescent moons), crushed garlic cloves, and black pepper. I let that sizzle for a few minutes then I add fresh diced tomatoes, 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes (no extra spices included) fresh minced cilantro, white vinegar, ginger powder, and a splash of white wine. To that I added 2 packets of Sazón Goya (con culantro y achiote) and let it boil boisterously for about 10 minutes. I then turn down the heat to simmer and cook the chicken until the meat is almost falling off the bone. I will serve it with yellow rice and a cabbage salad, estilo Dominicano. If I had platanos I would cook those as well, prefiero los maduros quemaditos... (Take that any way you want)
I will leave you with that for now, but know that this evening I will be living like a movie star...yes folks, I will be kickin' it with one of the biggest names in Latin hip-hop/merengue right now...Fulanito. I'll be reporting back tomorrow with pictures, stories, and mucho fanaticismo....(don't ask me if that's a real word, you got the vibe I'm puttin' down, ¿no?)
Ciao for now mis queridos, I will keep you updated on the mayhem I get into this weekend...

No comments: