Monday, October 20, 2008

What Else?

Life ebbs...it flows, and sometimes you gotta pick up a long board and ride that mf'in tidal wave to the ground.
Got told today that there are no available classes to teach next semester but there may be some in the fall...so I know that 1 of my 3 jobs is a no go after December.

So here I am, looking for a job.

Again.

This time I am going to try to find one with some permanence. I mean, I knew there was a risk involved when I signed up so I'm not devastated by any means but it's just the tediousness of it all. I am grateful that this job got me through the interim and will look great on my resume no matter what.

So what's next for Miss Marketing business owner/Professor/Deputy Director of a non-profit part time on Tuesdays and Thursdays you ask? Well, that remains to be seen. I am applying for a job I'm not qualified for at all, but I know I could do it. Plus, there are only two other viable applicants so I've got at least a 33.3% chance. It wouldn't be the first time I got a job I wasn't qualified for based on my likeability and killer smile. Kidding! Do I sound like Sarah Palin? I sure hope so! (For all you newcomers that was a JOKE.)
Seriously though, I'm switching between writing this and working on my resume and it's all coming together for me. I do need to know how to maintain superhero energy and still be able to clean my house, take care of my husband and have a social life....hmmm...not sure about that one! I realized that over the past 9 years I've actually accomplished some things! Nice to know...

No comments: