Monday, October 3, 2005
School Supplies are in Full Bloom...
It's only October 3rd and I had to wear my wool coat today, it's freezing! I have to say, I am relieved that Fall is here this fast. It is my favorite time of year for several reasons, but here are the primaries:
1. Fall Fashion (need I say more?)
2. I was born in October (Accepting presents all month long)
3. Maple leaves make me nostalgic
4. I get to buy new clothes (refer to #1)
5. An excuse to stay inside the house and not feel guilty about not "enjoying the weather"
6. Anything to do in the warm weather in Oregon involves rock climbing, hiking, parachuting, or going without civilization for several days...and there is no beach here worth talking about.
7. I like wool more than linen
8. I can use the gas fireplace in my new house!
9. It gets dark at 7:30 so I have an excuse to be in bed by 8
10. I have never gotten over the school year cycle. My New Year starts in September, not January.
I am actually in school this year, so I am feeling in synch with the universe...or at least the big yellow school buses.