72% of what I make right now will be added to my salary and that's what they're actually going to pay me. I am not sure that I have fully digested (and I'm sure I won't until I get my 1st check) what I found out yesterday. I honestly thought 50% at the most (that was a reasonable estimate) but they gave me more than I ever dreamed they would.
I have worked full time since I graduated from college (as many of us have) and I started thinking back to where I started out......
- Graduated from college
- Moved home
- Planned a huge Greekarican wedding in 3 months
- Got married
- Lived in a renovated chicken coop for $280/month
- Worked as an On-Call Crisis Residential Counselor at the local juvenile detention center
- Moved to ActionJacksonville, North Carolina
- Spent a year in the military projects
- Got hired as an insurance agent
- Got sexually harassed as an insurance agent (by my boss)
- Failed miserably as an insurance agent
- Got fired
- 2 weeks later went back to my true love of fixing kids whose parents screwed them up
- Moved back to the NW
- Lived in a couple decent apartment complexes
- Worked in an alternative high school fighting ornery kids who didn't like outsiders
- Grant was up for previous job, position ended
- Went to work in another alternative school, this time with respectful kids who loved learning
- Got promoted to coordinate a career and higher ed prep program for great public school kids
- Went to Miami in the midst of a serious life crisis
- Saw the whole world in front of me and for the first time; knew it could be mine
- Came home, started business classes-loved them!
- Worked a day job, bartended on the weekends, and went to school
- Got tired of that really quickly
- Got hired with the company of my dreams
- Took the GMAT, applied to grad school
- Bought my first house
- Got into grad school
- Got hired for the job of my dreams
- Cannot believe how incredibly blessed I have been.....