Monday, November 27, 2006

Tilt


Discovered a must-have set of crystal today...and she goes by the name Nambé Tilt Collection. I've been looking at a lot of beautiful things lately so I decided to fancy myself a design aficionada for several reasons, but here are a few:

1. I just bought oodles of furniture to fill up space in my 1st floor and I need lovely things to sprinkle around them.
2. I just came out of 8 months in PR and worked very closely with cutting edge designers and critics who are connected in the fashion/art/design world.
3. My sister is a designer and I run everything past her for the final approval.
4. I have always had an eye for design, even if I couldn't design my way out of a cardboard box.
5. I have a burning obsession to avoid ever being tacky and uncultured unless of course I'm trying to be in an effort to show just how much I rebel against societal norms.
6. I have decided that just about everything with swirly-swoops and bordeaux-ish details makes me sick and reminiscent of gaudy try-to-bes-that-never-were.
7. I like clean, simple lines with a dash of mania.
8. I'm just a country girl with a city heart who lives in the suburbs and has too much space on her hands.

There you have it folks. Clean, simple, neurotic.

-La Tremenda Trigueña-

2 comments:

Joke said...

Be a pal and throw a link in there! (While I would give my left, er, kidney for the "Tilts," my wife would...um...not. But these look like SUCH GREAT GIFTS!)

¡Te estás poniendo sofistica'!

-J.

Tremenda Trigueña said...

Ah yes, my friend. And for $195 for the decanter and 2 glasses it's a steal! http://www.nambe.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?search=tilt
I am a HUGE fan of oddities in which to serve spirits- you won't catch me with the classic stemware...my Sicilian roots drive me to much humbler thing like a juice glass- it's just my style.