Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Los Resultados

So I went to have my pelvic ultrasound today and...I have a cyst on my left ovary. In a way I'm relieved that I wasn't just being overly in touch with my body, but on the other hand I'm not sure what happens next. They said it doesn't look serious, but there was no mention of taking it out either. They will send the results to my doctor and I will see her soon to discuss the results. Apparently cysts are really common and a lot of women have them before they ovulate and then they go away. The problem is, I haven't had an actual regla in about 3 months due to the type of birth control I use, (IUD) so I'm not sure if I am ovulating.

I told MMM (Mi Moreno Mortal) and he seemed worried....like maybe I'm not crazy after all! Like maybe when I say I don't feel right I really don't feel right! (He's an "it's all in your head" type) Boy, he probably thought he married a certified nut who he could poo-poo for the rest of our lives....what a let down!

Here on the home front I'm totally betraying my Sicilian heritage and eating spaghetti sauce from a jar (named Siciliana by the way, but I truly doubt the authenticity of it all) and drinking a nice Rioja...which I desperately need after today. Among the cysts, I'm in the midst of hectic event planning at work for an even in Italy which I won't be attending. (talk about lack of motivation!)

That's all for today kids, I have to get back to work. Ciao ciao.
-TT

3 comments:

Joke said...

OMG.

The IUDs scare the snot out of me. Excuse me while I shudder freely.

-J.

P.S. TFBIM has had those before and after having kids, so it's no big deal. However those cysts CAN pop (ouch) and at the most, um, inopportune moments.

Tremenda Trigueña said...

Yeah, it has been a little strange having it; but I got it when I embarked on my career/MBA extravaganza to ensure my freedom from child bearing for at least 5 years.

The cyst thing worries me because they are symptomatic of endometriosis which my aunt had at my age and was never able to have children. There is some research that shows it's hereditary...so vamos a ver.

Ni modo, if it's there I can't do a whole heck of a lot.

-TT

Joke said...

Well, I'll just worry and shudder quietly ovah heah.

-J.